Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Airfix WWII United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) Personnel


You may have noticed a couple of new figures have made it into the past few posts.  I had previously picked up this box of Airfix USAAF figures at my local hobby shop.  I've started painting one of each of the figures and the neat little M1 Bomb Lift Cart and bomb (I think it's an AN/M-65 1,000 pound GP bomb or AN/M-66 2,000 pound GP bomb. Sorry no picture yet).


According to the Plastic Soldier Review website (http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com)
these were originally produced in 1974 and are one of Airfix's better figure kits.  I like them a lot.  I take 2-3 to work with me and paint them during breaks and at lunch time.  I find it very relaxing.

This little gem of a figure is the pick of the lot for me.



Every time I look at this little asbestos suited fireman I'm reminded of a scene from the movie 12 O'Clock High when ground personnel race to aid damaged B-17s returning from a mission.  This little guy could be from the movie.  I just can't get enough of him and am trying to think of ways to include him in a diorama that doesn't set off a smoke alarm.

Taking a couple of days off from the LaGG-3 and P-40 since my work week started and time is limited when I get home.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment