Thursday, July 17, 2014

Decal Duty


Finished applying the rest of the Eagle's decals tonight.  There were a total of 28 decals.  I think this was a very adequate number for this scale.  I liked the inclusion of "slime light" panels in the decals.  It was a nice touch.  I am generally quite pleased with how easy they went on.  The use of Micro Set helped the decals snuggle down nicely.

  The exception was the yellow tail bands.  The bands were not the correct length and were difficult for me to get positioned.   Specifically, when I got both inner and outer bands positioned to match up invariably one or the other would be too long with part of the decal hanging off or one would be too short.  I think I'm going to remove them and attempt to paint them on.



I don't know the exact time frame these decals are for.  They were labeled 1999 so they represent some time from the 1970s to the 1990s.  If I had to guess I would say the 1970s since the national insignia is full color and not subdued.




I enjoyed putting them on and it's good to being close to finishing this step in completing the Eagle.

On a side note.  My inspiration for yesterday's picture of Ivan rubbing the Eagle's belly came from - - -


This is Ledger and this is the sight that greets me and/or my wife every morning.  Ledger loves his belly rubs.

Please be safe and I'll see ya'll soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment