Thursday, July 31, 2014

Warhawk War Paint



We put most of the decals on the P-40 as the uneasy relationship between the allies continues.


The decals are a mix from Academy and Roden kits.  I'm not trying to represent any particular historic aircraft. I want to go for a more generic representation of a well used fighter with plenty of wear with the aim of building skills in applying washes, and weathering techniques.  The only tricky part of applying the decals was I had to trim the first aid kit stencil since I forgot to put it on first before the red 35.





I put red stars where they would have replaced US stars.  I may add another star on the underside and/or topside of the wing since I'm thinking this would be standard (If the Red Air Force had any such thing) markings.  I still need to put decals on the propeller blades before I install the prop and hub.  Also, I want to use Micro Sol on the decals to make them really snuggle down.  I'm hoping to achieve a painted on effect with them.  I'm out of Micro Sol so I'll need to pick some up tomorrow after work.

More soon.  Ya'll be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment